Hair Loss During Pregnancy
You do not have to worry if during pregnancy you experience hair loss, one of which is due to hormonal changes during pregnancy and after childbirth that can affect the fertility of hair. To better know the condition of your hair during pregnancy, through this article tips on hair loss during pregnancy.
Hair Loss During Pregnancy
When pregnant the condition of hair in pregnant women will vary. Some pregnant women experience oily hair, hair that tends to flourish, straight hair becomes curly or otherwise (though not very significant) and the last experience hair loss. Fear of pregnant women when experiencing hair loss is baldness, can fertile return after the birth process?
Hair loss in pregnant women will last until delivery. During pregnancy an increase in the amount of hair enters the resting phase, which is part of the normal hair loss cycle. This condition is not serious enough to cause bald spots or permanent hair loss, and should begin to decrease within 3-4 months after delivery. If you feel that you have an unusual hair loss while you are pregnant, this may be due to a lack of vitamins or minerals.
The most common period of hair loss occurs about three months after delivery. Hormonal increases during pregnancy cause hair loss. After childbirth, the hormone returns to its normal level, allowing the hair to fall back to the normal cycle. Hair loss usually peaks 3-4 months after delivery as a hair follicle for the rejuvenation process. As mentioned earlier, hair loss is temporary and hair fall back to normal within six to twelve months after delivery.
Causes Hair Loss During Pregnancy
Hair loss during pregnancy is caused by the pregnancy hormone that causes the production of scalp oil is increasing. At the time of pregnancy sabot production that keeps hair moist more increasing especially when pregnant women experience stress. Even when pregnant women decide to wash hair by using inappropriate shampoo and stimulate oil glands and excessive oil production as well as the consumption of excessive fatty foods.
Even hair loss in pregnant women can occur before delivery and after childbirth. Where pregnant women experience estrogen hormone levels in the body that fell sharply due to the increase in thyroid hormone can even also experience a reduced thyroid hormone. Even hair loss can occur because pregnant women are deficient in unbalanced vitamins and iron.
About 90% of your hair grows at one time, while another 10% enters the resting phase. Every two to three months of hair loss and allow new hair to grow in place. This makes the mother anxious and feared new hair is difficult to grow and cause baldness. This condition is clearly different in pregnant women one with other pregnant women because it is influenced by the production of different hormones.
In addition, hair loss experienced by pregnant women can also occur due to reproductive health. As it is known that hair loss occurs because it is triggered by changes in the balance of the hormone estrogen in the body system of pregnant women. Even hair loss can occur due to one of the causes of cessation of birth control pills or other types of hormones aimed at birth control methods, miscarriage or stillbirth, mothers having abortion and also hormonal imbalances.
Tips to Prevent Hair Loss During Pregnancy
Hair that is healthy and thrives to be a dream every woman is no exception to pregnant women. In pregnancy conditions the mother will experience one of the conditions where the hair is affected by the pregnancy hormone experience loss, even increased until the completion of labor. Although you do not need to worry because it is a natural process and not a permanent loss but the process of prevention should still be done.
Here are some tips you can follow to prevent hair loss during pregnancy:
- If the hair loss is very severe, you can consult your doctor to ensure hormonal balance in the body.
- Avoid tight pigtails or hair rollers that can pull and make hair stressful.
- Consumption of fruits and vegetables, which contain flavonoids and antioxidants that can provide protection for hair follicles and promote hair growth.
- Use shampoo and conditioner containing biotin and silica.
- Hair is brittle when wet, so soft so you can avoid a delicate tooth comb.
- If you need to use a hair dryer, straight hair / curly then you can set the right temperature in accordance with the condition of your hair.
- You can supplement your daily menu with vitamins and minerals that help reduce fallout during pregnancy such as Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Vitamin E and also Zinc.
- Better to choose short hair because in pregnant women with long hair will be more severe and will cause root hair problem, so easy to fall out.
- When using hairdryer use cold temperature so that will not cause interference at hair root. If it gets too hot it will cause the loss worse.
- You can use mild type shampoo containing sulfur or biotin to stimulate hair growth.
- Be careful with salon treatments, avoid using chemicals that will be harmful to the health of the fetus.
- Thus pregnant women need not be anxious will experience permanent baldness because in general pregnant women will have problems with hair. Although it is a matter of different hair, oily hair, flourish from normal conditions, hair loss or hair texture changes. All hair problems during pregnancy will return to normal a few weeks after delivery.
Hair loss that occurs in pregnant women is not permanent hair loss but hormonal changes that occur during pregnancy. As for pregnant women who want to prevent the happening of hair loss is getting worse by using natural-made shampoo such as ginseng and tonic safe for pregnant women. If pregnant women experience loss of up to 100 strands a day and more and trigger baldness during pregnancy then you should consult a doctor to be known hormonal balance during pregnancy and can be prevented without having to worry about disturbances in fetal health.